Tobacco use is an addiction, and stopping can require extra support.
For Blue Cross and Blue Plus members:
Quitting tobacco support line
Call toll-free 1-888-662-BLUE (2583)
Hours: Mon. – Thurs. 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. CT, Fri. 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. CT
If you’re not a member:
You can receive support with quitting through the quitline in your state, if one is available.
Call 1-800-QUIT NOW (1-800-784-8669).
It's easy to get started with the quitting tobacco support program
If you're a Blue Cross member, the quitting tobacco support program can help you take the first step to becoming tobacco-free. Here’s what you’ll get with the program:
- An initial call to talk about your history of tobacco use and your efforts to quit
- Four additional calls with a wellness coach at times that work for you.
- A personal quit plan for you
- A workbook sent to your home with tips to help you stick with the plan and deal with stress and cravings
- Two additional calls to support you after you complete the program (30 and 90 day follow ups)
- Online tools and resources for support and to track your progress between calls
Quit aids can help, too
If you want to use a quit aid (patch, gum or lozenge), your wellness coach will help you figure out which would work best for you. Call the customer service number on the back of your member ID card to find out about coverage for any quit aids.