Looking for information about what’s covered by your health plan? Log in to the member site to see a summary of your benefits.
There are many types of health plans. To see your plan’s coverage information, log in or register on the member site or call customer service using the number on the back of your ID card.
You can also get help at a Blue Cross retail center or review the information below to help you find the answers you need.
Where can I find out what my health plan covers?
Your coverage information is available in two main documents:
- Your benefits booklet is a more detailed descriptions of your benefits. This is sometimes also known as Evidence of Coverage or Summary Plan Description.
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage is a high-level description of benefits in chart form.
You can find these documents in your plan enrollment materials or welcome kit, by logging in to the member site, or by calling the customer service number on the back of your member ID card.
How can I learn about next year’s plan coverage?
In most cases, new health plan information for the following year is available in the fall. Your 2019 health plan information will be available in the fall of 2018.
How can I find out about costs?
For most medical care, the cost you pay depends on many factors:
- Is the doctor, hospital and/or clinic you use in your plan network?*
- Is the pharmacy in your plan network?
- Is the service, lab test or prescription drug covered by your plan?
- Is the service or test medically necessary? Do you need prior authorization?
- Have you met your deductible? Do you have a copay or coinsurance?
- Is the service preventive care, or to diagnose or treat an illness?
It’s important to understand how you and insurance pay for your health care. Knowing how your health plan works will give you a better idea about the costs you may need to pay for a medical service.
More about what’s covered
Understanding prescription drug benefits
What does in-network mean?
Why did I receive a bill for a preventive care visit?
Behavioral and mental health coverage
Alternative medicine coverage
What is an Explanation of Benefits?
How you and insurance pay for your health care
Attend a “Know Your Health Plan” class