Health Support works with your health plan to surround your employees with a rich network of services that can make a difference in their lives. See Why Blue Cross
to learn more about Whole Person Health Support.
- Group plans include these services
- Opportunity score – assessment of health and gaps in care for all members
- Online Health Assessment – at no additional fee; a vital first step in improving your people’s health
- Online Health Coaching modules – for weight management, stress, smoking cessation and more, accessible to all Health Assessment participants
- Access to Health Guides and Nurse Guides – new customer service approach extends members’ calls to improve experience
- Dedicated Nurse outreach and active support – help for members at higher opportunity levels builds trust
- Stop-Smoking Support – more than 1 in 3 enrollees quit successfully
- Access to an abundance of web-based information and tools
- Employee communication support and toolkits
Additional support to tailor to your group’s needs
- Fitness Discounts* – more than 2,000 fitness centers to choose from
- Healthy Start® Prenatal Support* – 29% lower incidence of preterm births than national rates
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)* – users report satisfaction levels close to 90%
- 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line* – has saved more than $2.70 for every dollar invested
- Enhanced Stop-Smoking Support (with medications) – quit medications added to coaching double the chances of success
- Health Incentives – we’ll work with you to design an approach to align with your goals
- Telephone-based lifestyle coaching
- Disability Solutions
- Onsite Health Screenings
- Self-care guide
- * These options are included at no additional fee for all fully insured groups. They are available at an additional fee for self-insured groups.
Other discounts and services included
- Complementary care discounts
- Laser vision correction surgery discount
- Weight Watchers discounts
- Information sources
Stop-Smoking Support: BluePrint for Health Stop-Smoking Program Quarterly Quit rate and Satisfaction Report, Free & Clear 2007.
- Healthy Start prenatal support: National rates reported by the National Center for Health Statistics. Based on 2007 Healthy Start program outcomes in comparison to 2006 national outcomes from the National Center for Health Statistics.
- Employee Assistance Program: Client satisfaction survey, 2008.
- Enhanced Stop-Smoking Support: Internal Blue Cross program evaluation study, 2004-2005.