Technology tools agents need and clients want
Blue Cross offers a full range of forward-thinking technology tools and services to help you and your clients make the most of their benefit plans.
Blue Edge is a secure, password-protected web-based sales tool that allows appointed agents of Blue Cross to compare Blue Cross health plans and find the best fit for their customers. It’s your key to helping customers make complex employee benefit decisions quickly and easily.
myBlueCross, the online member service center
When members want health care answers, they want them now. That’s why we offer the online member service center, myBlueCross. Members can visit myBlueCross to learn about their health plan, get information about health care costs and quality, and find useful facts about health and wellness. Check out the myBlueCross demo in Blue Edge.
When members sign in to myBlueCross, they can:
- Keep track of claims and see explanations of benefits
- Manage health and spending accounts
- Check status of deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums
- Search for doctors and other health care providers by location or specialty
- Order a replacement member ID card
- E-mail a customer service representative
- MyBlueCross also has tools and resources to help members get the facts they need to make good health care decisions. Resources include:
- Quality ratings for doctors, hospitals, nursing homes and home health care services
- Cost estimates, by region, for dozens of conditions and procedures
- A wellness center full of health information and tools
- Information about special member programs that can help members improve their health
Blue Cross offers Blue Avenue, a secure website for employer group administrators. Administrators can access membership information, download communications tools and make changes to enrollment data, as needed.
Online health and wellness resources
Our online health and wellness resources offer comprehensive, trustworthy health and medical information to help members learn about health topics, make sound health decisions and be better health care consumers.
The site includes:
- The opportunity to request personalized health information
- Access to an extensive medical library of health topics
- A drug database for in-depth information on prescribed and over-the-counter medications
- Health tools like target heart rate finders and body mass calculators
- Self-care centers that provide support and information on a variety of health topics
- Online health coaching programs that offer needed support for healthy lifestyle improvements
Pharmacy information and online drug ordering
When your clients choose pharmacy benefits from Blue Cross, their members get access to easy online tools and resources. That’s because Prime Therapeutics, our pharmacy benefit manager, offers a website to make learning about and getting prescription drugs hassle-free.
On Prime’s website,
members with Blue Cross prescription drug coverage can:
- Find a participating network pharmacy
- Search the prescription drug list (formulary)
- Request mail order service
- Order refills
- Research important drug and health information