Healthy Blue – an affordable plan with up-front benefits and rewards
Healthy Blue takes care of you
Healthy Blue(SM) gives you the coverage you need to protect yourself from high medical costs in the event of illness or injury. We made it affordable for you, and we also threw in some great perks: You’ll get two retail health clinic visits for a low copay before you reach your deductible, rewards for good health and a health club discount to maintain your healthy lifestyle.
This plan is a great choice if you:
- Are single
- Want an affordable plan
- May need to visit a retail health clinic a couple times a year
- Want rewards for living a healthy lifestyle
- Want lower out-of-pocket costs if you require hospitalization
- Are not planning on starting a family (maternity care is not covered)
You must be at least 19 years old and live in Minnesota to apply. This plan is for single coverage only – family members may not apply together. However, each family member over the age of 19 may apply for their own Healthy Blue coverage. Blue Cross individual plans are not available for people with certain medical conditions (PDF).
Healthy Blue gives you the coverage you need without breaking the bank.
- Health club discount: Get $20 a month credit toward your membership at one of thousands of participating health clubs
- Up-front benefits: Get two retail health clinic visits for a $25 copay before your deductible is met (a deductible is a set amount you pay each year for covered health care services before your insurance begins paying for the covered health care services)
- Benefit from separate deductibles for inpatient vs. outpatient care. That means lower deductibles for you and less out-of-pocket costs
- Healthy Incentives (PDF): Get rewarded for your health. Receive a $100 credit on your annual rate when you meet four health goals.
- Generic drug coverage for a $10 copay; check the list of covered drugs
- Preventive care covered at 100 percent with zero out-of-pocket costs for you
- There is NO MAXIMUM to the amount of health care that’s covered. So you are protected against catastrophic illnesses or accidents.
- Choose any doctor or specialist you want – no referrals needed. Get the best benefits by using a doctor in the network. Two networks are available for this plan:
- The Aware® network offers the broadest coverage and includes every hospital in the state and 98 percent of doctors. Search the Aware network.
- The Blue Performance(SM) network covers the same providers as the Aware network but uses a tiered design to control your costs and give you more choice. Choose the Blue Performance Enhanced network if you live in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Choose the Blue Performance Regional network if you live outside of the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- Coverage anywhere in the United States from BlueCard® — and everywhere else through BlueCard Worldwide®
Plan and benefit details
Get a health insurance quote for Healthy Blue and apply online.
Not sure if Healthy Blue is right for you? Use our Plan Selector for help choosing a plan.
We feature a large network of health care providers. Each provider is an independent contractor and not our agent.