Specialty pharmacy program
Specialty drugs are used to treat serious or chronic medical conditions such as multiple sclerosis, hemophilia, hepatitis and rheumatoid arthritis. These drugs are typically injectable and can be self-administered by a patient or family member.
If you take a specialty drug, check your plan’s certificate of coverage or other materials for benefit details or call the number on the back of your member ID card to see if this program is available to you.
- What it means for you
You work directly with a specialty drug vendor (listed below) to have your drugs conveniently and safely delivered to your home. The vendor will work with you to make delivery arrangements that fit your schedule.
- Specialty drug vendors are experts in supplying drugs and services to patients with complex health conditions. They will provide you with educational materials about your condition and the medications that have been prescribed to you, including 24-hour access to pharmacists who can answer your questions.
- When you use a specialty drug vendor, you’ll pay only your plan’s deductible, coinsurance or copay amount for specialty drugs. There are no additional costs for shipping and handling.
How to get started
Follow these guidelines to begin getting your drugs through the specialty pharmacy network:
- See the list of specialty drugs covered by the program (below)
- Call one of the specialty vendors listed below to get started
- Have your doctor’s contact information and your member ID card available when you call
- Drug list, prescription form and more info
FlexRx standard quantity limit, specialty and step therapy program drug list (PDF)
– Specialty Drug List for members that have the FlexRx formulary and the Specialty Drug Program. This list is subject to change without notice.
- GenRx standard quantity limit, specialty and step therapy program drug list (PDF)
– Specialty Drug List for members that have the GenRx formulary and the Specialty Drug Program. This list is subject to change without notice.
- Specialty Medication Prescription Form (PDF)
– Complete this form and submit it to the specialty network vendor you choose.
The specialty drug vendor you chose will call you before your scheduled refill. The representative will confirm your prescription and dosage, discuss any changes from your doctor and coordinate your next shipment of specialty drugs.
Specialty network vendors
The specialty drug program offers you the following choices in professional specialty drug vendors. The specialty network vendors were selected for their outstanding customer service and dedication to patients. These vendors are experts in handling the types of drugs you’re taking.
Fairview Specialty Pharmacy
Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy
Children’s Home Care*
(612) 813-7207 fax
*Children’s Home Care can only fill prescriptions for Hemophilia medication.