Renew your health plan
- It's time to renew your health plan from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota. You can keep your current plan or switch to a new plan.
- Here's how:
- 1. Stick with your current health plan
If you’re happy with your current health plan, you don’t need to do anything. Your plan renews automatically. To view your health plan’s new monthly rate,
use our rate calculator.
- 2. Change to a different health plan
- Want a different deductible, monthly rate or network of doctors and hospitals? We have a plan that fits your needs.
Use our rate calculator
- See all the plans you can move to without having to fill out another health history application
- Compare different plan benefits and monthly rates
- Download the form you need to change your plan
Your new plan will be effective April 1, 2013.
Please note: If your current health plan excludes substance abuse coverage and you change to a new health plan, you will lose your coverage for mental health - and continue to not have substance abuse coverage - because mental health and substance abuse coverage are now linked. If you want mental health and substance abuse coverage on your new health plan, you will have to fill out a health history and go through underwriting.
Get more from your health plan
Don't forget your Blue Cross health plan comes with:
- Free preventive care and certain over-the-counter prescription drugs at no cost to you
- Discounts on gym memberships, acupuncture and massage, Weight Watchers®, LASIK eye surgery and home medical equipment and supplies
- Help to get and stay healthy with Stop-Smoking Support, online health assessments, online health coaching and more
Questions about renewing?
We’re here to help. Read our frequently asked questions.
Watch a short video on
how to use the rate calculator.
Talk to your
Or, call us at (651) 662-5030 or toll free at 1-800-531-6685.